Following you can find information for the presentation at DAFx 2009.
Each lecture presentation is allocated 20 minutes (15 minutes for the presentation by the author followed by 5 minutes for the questions & answers session). You should meet your session chair 15 minutes before the beginning of your session.
- A personal computer with
- Windows XP sp3;
- MS Office 2007, OpenOffice 3.0;
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0
- Multimedia players: Windows Media Player 11, VLC 0.86, WinAmp 5.5, Media Player Classic + K-Lite Codec Pack
- A VGA switch and a VGA cable if you prefer to use your personal laptop.
- A cable with a 1/8 inch stereo plug will be available for audio playback.
- Italian power sockets (please arrange to provide any necessary adapter for the Italian power sockets).
- Please, pay attention to the following critical points if you are not using your laptop:
- Make sure your presentation does not run into a problem on Windows XP.
- If you will be playing video or animated media, make sure it runs on one of the above multimedia players.
- Embed all the fonts in your presentation
If you plan to
use the PC available for presentations, you have to upload your presentations according to the following schedule:
- For sessions scheduled between 10:00 and 11:00 ( "Sound Representation and Sound Modeling I", "Sound synthesis II", "Synthesis, reproduction and perception of spatial sound") the time interval in which you can upload your presentation is 08:30-09:00 of the presentation day.
- For sessions scheduled between 11:20 and 12:40 ( "Physical modeling and virtual musical instruments", "Sound representation and modeling II", "Audio Effects") the time interval in which you can upload your presentation is 11:00-11:15 of the presentation day.
- For sessions scheduled between 14:30 and 15:50 ( "Time-frequency spectral processing", "Audio-based Music Information Retrieval", "Source and environment characterization") the time interval in which you can upload your presentation is 14:00-14:30 of the presentation day.
- For sessions scheduled between 16:20 and 17:00 ( "Sound synthesis I", "Modal analysis and decomposition", "Applications") the time interval in which you can upload your presentation is 16:00-16:15 of the presentation day.
Presentation upload position: in the conference room, at the computer devoted to the presentation.
Poster sessions will take place from 12:40 to 14:30 in proximity of the conference room. You should display your poster 15 minutes before the beginning of the poster session.
- A 250 cm high x 89 cm wide display board (i.e., your poster can be up to A0 size, portrait).
- Push pins for mounting your poster on the display board.